Thursday, April 30, 2009

Boys Play Dress Up Too!

They just dress up like pirates and super heros.
So, I didn't know that today was going to be a piratey themed day...but it is. The boys were in room time this morning and came out as pirates. And they have been saying "Arrr" ever since. I even heard Pearson say he had to go potty and asked Zach to guard the door. Then I hear Zach pacing back and forth in front of the bathroom, pirate sword in hand, saying "hup two, three, four, hup two, three, four." At breakfast I offered to let them use the frosty mugs for their piratey grog (or apple juice). I love when they re-discover toys, or costumes in this case, that occupy them all the day long. Especially, when they are pretending and using all that fun, creative imagination. I hope there are lots of "shiver me timbers" and "Aaargh Matey's" tomorrow!



Did I mention that we got those costumes a couple of years ago for $2 after Halloween at Target? Swords and all.



5 comments:

Jill said...

Comin' from pirate waters I have dubbed Pearson "Fruity Mitch" and Zach "Gurgln'Thomas Scar" :)

emily said...

Don't you LOVE days like that? My boys just built a fort out of their bunk beds & they're FLYING through their schoolwork so they can go play!! :)

Bill & Rachel said...

Yeah Target!

CD said...

See, boys are fun too!! Missing our little pirates!! Jaydie says "aaargh".

Artichoky said...

Love it! (and that you got the costumes from Target...haha).