Friday, March 6, 2009

I know it's been a long time, Lo Siento!

Today was a big day for us. Pearson went on his first missions trip today. He and Danny are in Mexico tonight, as I type. First, I can't believe he's old enough to do this. Second, I am so thankful for his soft soft heart. Yesterday, in the car, we were discussing the trip. He has been a little nervous about it, I think mostly the unknown factors bother him. I told him that he would be going to an orphanage and explained that that meant he would get to be with some boys and girls who not only don't have many material possessions but that don't have mommies and daddies. Both of the boys were surprised, quiet, and obviously sad. I told Pearson that he would be able to talk to them about Jesus and give them hope. He said "I think I should bring my Bible and maybe I can read it to them..."
I am so excited for him...hoping that God will continue to mold his soft heart. I hope he sees things this weekend that make him realize his great responsibility....to share.


Pearson and his friend Marcus.

One Sad Brother.


A group Hug


I snapped this quickly before they rolled away. It's not a great shot. But I won't soon forget him yelling "I love you Mommy" out the window.






4 comments:

MOM: UNPROCESSED said...

oh, please can i kiss that little head sticking out the window?

The Berthiaume's said...

Your family is soooo cute!

KV said...

Oh that is so cute, sad, and most of all very cool! What a great experience for him.

Anonymous said...

So sweet Hallie! Tell Danny happy late birthday! P.S. I'm pregnant!